Saturday, April 28, 2018

Daughter Sharon's Delicious Corn Pudding Recipe

Hi Everyone!  How are you today?  It has been the most perfectly beautiful day here with the sunshine glistening on the new green leaves on all the trees.  It has been totally glorious to say the least.

I spent most of my day planting in the garden.  We have been so busy around here coming and going that I am very late getting the garden planted.  I do hope Mother Nature does not mind helping me to have a beautiful garden anyway.

My brother in California, my sister in Tennessee and I are all having a Sunflower planting contest.  We are going to try to see who can grow the largest Sunflower flower.  We recently read that to produce a huge Sunflower flower you must plant seeds 24 inches apart.  I did that, so we will see.

Today I am going to share with you my daughter Sharon's beyond delicious Corn Pudding Recipe.  This recipe has become a tradition at our table each Easter and for some other get-togethers as well.  I recently read Corn Pudding is listed on the "35 classic Southern foods to try before you die" list.

Sharon’s Corn Pudding
INGREDIENTS:
·      12 to 13 ears fresh corn, husks removed
·      (Can use frozen corn, must defrost before use)
·      ¼ cup sugar
·      3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
·      2 teaspoons baking powder
·      1  ½  teaspoons salt
·      6 large eggs
·      2 cups whipping cream
·      ½ cup butter, melted

PREPARATION:
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.   Cut kernels from cob into large bowel (about 6 cups).
3.   Scrape milk and remaining pulp from cobs - discard cobs.
4.   Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients.
5.   Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl.
6.   Gradually add sugar mixture to egg mixture, whisking until smooth.
7.   Stir in corn.
8.   Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
9.   Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set.
10.                 Let stand 5 minutes.

SO DELICIOUS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you fix this recipe I hope you enjoy as much as our family does.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your weekend wherever you may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment